Manual configuration guide for Outlook 2013 (Exchange 2010) II.
All SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
- You must have a SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange 2010 account
- You must have Outlook 2013
- On your desktop, click on Start > Control Panel.
- Click on the Mail icon to open your Outlook settings.
Note: if you are using Windows 7, please ignore this step. Instead, go to your (Windows) Control Panel and double-click on Mail.
- Click on Show profiles.
- Click on Add.
- Enter a name for your new profile and then click on OK.
- Click on Manual setup or additional server types and then click on Next.
- Click on Microsoft Exchange Server or compatible service and then click on Next.
- Enter casarray01.s04.local in the Microsoft Exchange Server field.
Enter your email address in the field User Name, and then click on More Settings.
- Check the box Use Cached Exchange Mode and pull the Mail to keep offline slider bar to All.
Click on More Settings.
- Select the Connection tab and then check the box Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP.
Click on Exchange Proxy Settings.
- In the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange field, enter the webmail value you can find in your Control Panel in the User Information section (syncmymail.co.za).
Make sure that both On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP and
On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP are selected and
that the Proxy authentication settings are at Basic Authentication.
Then, click on OK.
- Click on Applyand then on OK.
- Make sure your email address is in the User Name field and then click on Check Name.
- Enter your password in the Password field and then click on OK.
- When Outlook stops loading, the server should have changed as well as your user name. Both should be underlined.
Click on Next and then click on Finish.
- Close the Mail screen and open Outlook.
When you are asked for your password, enter it into the Password field.
- A message box will appear in the lower right of your screen stating that Microsoft Outlook is setting up a local copy of your mailbox. It may be several minutes until all of your data is available.
Once you see All folders are up to date and Connected to Microsoft Exchange, you can begin using your newly configured Exchange profile.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.