This guide will show you how to use a public contact list on a BlackBerry.
All SyncMyMail 2010 hosted Exchange accounts with BES.
- A SyncMyMail 2010 hosted Exchange account
- An activated BlackBerry
- A wireless account provisioned for BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)
- A Blackberry mobile device with firmware version 5.x
- The contact list can only be published by requesting technical support to enable access for each individual devices and contact lists.
- Create the contact list inside your public folders
- Activate any mobile device that will need access to the contact list (make sure it is on firmware 5.0 by going to Options > About)
- Make sure all your users have the appropriate permissions to access the contact list.
- Send an email to email@example.com including the following: name and location of the contact list (must be inside public folders), and list of users who should have access.
Note: Any users added after this has been enabled will not have access unless you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If the contact list is deleted or moved, it will not be accessible unless you send an email to email@example.com.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.