How to upload your PST files to the FTP server using Filezilla (Exchange 2013)
You must have an Exchange 2013 account with SyncMyOffice.
- Keep in mind that your company or your ISP firewalls might be configured with a timeout setting, allowing to drop connections after some minutes of inactivity or after a certain amount of data has been sent through it. This may prevent the upload to fail. Please check with your network administrator.
- Verify the name of the FTP you should use in your Control Panel. After logging to your Control Panel, click onImport Data or Activate data import under the Migration section in Tasks menu. Under Quick Steps, you should be able to see the needed ftp hostname and the username.
- Download Filezilla from http://filezilla-project.org/download.php and install it on your computer.
- Double-click on Filezilla.
- Click on the Site Manager icon.
- Click on New Site.
- Name your site. Enter ftp05.mycloudmailbox.com in the Host field. Choose Require explicit FTP over TLS in the Encryption field. Logon type should be Normal. Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the User field. Enter your Control Panel password in the Password field. Click on Connect.
- You will get a certificate trust validation request. Click on OK.
- Go to the folder that contains your PST data and then select your PST files. Drag/drop them in the Remote site folder. Wait for the transfer to complete.
Note: Upload speeds are almost entirely dependent on your local network speeds. Uploading all your PST files at once might slow down your local network. For this reason it is recommended that the upload be done outside of normal business hours.