This guide will show you how to configure your hosted Exchange 2010 account on the Windows 8.1 mail app using ActiveSync.
All SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange accounts
- You must have a SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange account.
- You must have a PC running Windows 8.1 OS.
- Exchange ActiveSyncis enabled in your organization.
- If you are not using a Microsoft account to login to your PC, you should first make Microsoft Accounts optional for the Windows Communications apps.
- For Exchange 2010 and 2013 accounts, in the 2010 Control Panel and 2013 Control Panel under the User Information section, take note of the webmail server value (ex: example.com).
- From the start screen, tap the Mail tile.
- An existing mailbox will appear. Swipe from left to right on your touch display or move your mouse cursor to the top-right corner of your display to open the Charms Bar. Click or tap Settings.
- Click or tap Accounts.
- Click or tap Add an account.
- Click or tap Exchange. Skip the step 6.
- In the list of options, tap on Exchange.
- You are invited to sign in. Tap Show more details.
- In both Email address and Usernamefields, enter your email address.
In the Server address field, enter the webmail server value you took from the Control Panel.
Do not fill the Domain field.
Finally, enter your password in the Password field. Click on Connect.
- The mailbox opens in the Inbox folder.
- You can change the default settings by clicking/taping the To get messages that are more than one month old, go to Settingslink if it appears.
If no, follow the steps 2 and 3 and select your newly added mailbox.
- Change the Download email fromfield value to Any timeif you would like to download all emails from your mailbox server (It is set by default to value The last month). You can modify any other setting to your needs.
Note: If it is the first email account you are adding, go directly to step 6.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.