How to set up an account on Android (Exchange 2013).
All SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange 2013 accounts.
- a SyncMyOffice Exchange 2013 account
- Server name: owa.syncmymail.co.za
- Domain: your domain name
- Username: your email address
- Password: your email password
Note: These settings are as generic as we can make them. Since Android devices are varied and do not follow a unified method of setting up ActiveSync, please refer to your manufacturer’s setup guide for exact instructions.
- Go to Menu.
- Go to Accounts & sync settings.
- Press on Add account.
Note: There are 2 possible sets of settings to use. If method A does not work, try method B.
I. Enter your email address in theEmail field, your password in the Password field and then press Next.
II. Enter S05\your_SAM_account_name in the DOMAIN\Username field. You can find your SAM account name in your Control Panel in the Contact Information section (ex: user_example.com).
I. Enter your email address in the Email field, your password in the Password field and leave the Domain field blank.
II. Enter your email address in the Username field.
- You can find your server address in your Control Panel in the User Information section (ex: owa.syncmymail.co.za).
- Check the box Requires SSL and then press on Next.
- Press Automatic push.
- Choose how far back you want to sync in the Amount to synchronize field.
- Press on Next.
- In the Give this account a name field, you may give a screen name to your account (optional).
- Enter the name you wish recipients of your emails to see in the Your name field (displayed on outgoing messages).
- Press on Done
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.