How to create a room or an equipment mailbox
SynopsisThis guide will show you how to create a room or an equipment mailbox from your Control Panel.
Applicable toAll SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange 2010, 2013 and 2016 accounts
A SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange 2010, 2013 or 2016 account
1. Log into the Control Panel
2. Under the Tasks section, click on Manage resource mailboxes.
3. Click on Create a new resource mailbox.
4. Fill the Name and Display name mandatory fields. If needed, select the alias domain you would like in the drop-down list next to the Name field.
5. To provide more details on the resource, click on the Additional contact information link and fill out the desired fields. You may click on the same link to hide the populated fields or scroll down for the next steps.
6. Choose the Plan. In the Forwards to field, enter the address the requests should be forwarded to (if needed). Select the Mailbox type.
7. Click on the Advanced mailbox settings link to enter some more settings like an alias for the resource, the mailbox language and the maximum number of recipients.Note: Selecting Activate resource booking attendant sets the resource mailbox to auto-accept meetings and automatically resolve booking conflicts.
8. Scroll down and click Create.
9. A message confirms the resource mailbox has been successfully created.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Keywordsmailbox, room, equipment, Control Panel, create, resource
Was this article helpful?