How to configure Web Hosting account on an iPhone or an iPad with iOS 7
All SyncMyOffice Web Hosting accounts.
- a SyncMyOffice Web Hosting account
- On the start screen of your device, press Settings.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendar
- In Accounts, tap Add Account.
- Press Other.
- Press Add Mail Account.
- Enter your name in the Namefield and your email address in the Address You may also enter a short description to identify your account in the Description field.
- Select the type of email account you would like. We suggest IMAP for checking email on the iPhone
- Enter the Incoming Mail Server The mail server is mail.YOURDOMAIN where YOURDOMAIN is the domain on your account with us. Make sure to enter the full email address for the username.
- Enter the Outgoing Mail Server. It has the same settings as the Incoming Mail Server
- Press Yes to setup the account Without SSL
- Press Next, thenYour account is added.
- Make sure to go back into the settings of the account and turn off SSL. Select custom port 26 for the outgoing mail server port. Select authentication as password.
Remember, DO NOT use mail.example.com as your mail server. This is NOT correct!
Below are Non-SSL Settings
|Username:||Your e-mail address|
|Password:||Use the email account’s password.|
IMAP Port: 143
POP3 Port: 110
SMTP Port: 26
|Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.|
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.