This guide will show you how to configure a POP3 account in Outlook 2013 with Exchange 2013.
All SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange 2013 accounts.
- Outlook 2013
- a SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange 2013 POP3 account
- On your desktop, click on Start > Control Panel.
- Click on the Mail icon to open your Outlook settings.
- Click on Show profiles.
- Click on Add
- Enter a name in the Profile name field and then click on
- Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types option at the bottom of the screen.
- Under Choose E-mail Service, click on POP or IMAP and then click on Next
- In the Internet E-mail settings fill in the following:
Note: if you are using Windows 7, please ignore this step. Instead, go to your (Windows) Control Panel and double-click on Mail.
- Your name: type a name that you want to appear as being displayed
- Email address: your e-mail address with us
- Account type: choose POP3 in the menu
- Incoming mail server: owa.syncmymail.co.za
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp05.syncmymail.co.za
Note: Please contact us if you are not sure which one to use. Your administrators can also lookup the information in the Control Panel in the User Information section.
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab. Check the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
For the Incoming Server (POP3), the value should be 995and check the box. This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
For the Outgoing Server, enter 587 and select TLS for the type of encrypted connection.
Then, click on OK.
- Click on Next
- Outlook will test the POP account. Once the testing is conclusive, click on Close.
- Click on Finish.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.