This guide will show you how to configure a POP3 account in Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2016.
All SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange 2016 accounts.
- Outlook 2010
- a SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange 2016 POP3 account
- On your desktop, click on Start > Control Panel.
- Click on the Mail icon to open your Outlook settings.
Note: if you are using Windows 7, please ignore this step. Instead, go to your (Windows) Control Panel and double-click on Mail.
- Click on Show profiles.
- Click on Add.
- Enter a name in the Profile name field and then click on OK.
- Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types option at the bottom of the screen.
- Under Choose E-mail Service, click on Internet E-mail and then click on Next
- In the Internet E-mail settings fill in the following:
- Your name: type a name that you want to appear as being displayed
- Email address: your e-mail address with us
- Account type: choose POP3 in the menu
- Incoming mail server: webmail14.mycloudmailbox.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp14.mycloudmailbox.com
Note: Please contact us if you are not sure which one to use. Your administrators can also lookup the information in the Control Panel in the User Information section.
IMPORTANT: After authenticating yourself, you will not be able to send out messages after pressing the Test E-mail Settings button. You will then need to use the SMTP server address of your ISP provider, as their mail server will not allow e-mail relays.
- User Name : enter your email address again
- Password: your mailbox password
Click on the More Settings.. button.
For the Incoming Server (POP3), the value should be 995. Check this box – This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
For the Outgoing Server (SMTP), enter 587 and select TLS for the type of encrypted connection.
Then, click on OK.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.