This guide will show you how to configure a POP3 account in Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2010.
All SyncMyMail hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
- Outlook 2010
- a SyncMyMail hosted Exchange 2010 POP3 account
- On your desktop, click on Start > Control Panel.
- Click on the Mail icon to open your Outlook settings.
Note: if you are using Windows 7, please ignore this step. Instead, go to your (Windows) Control Panel and double-click on Mail.
- Click on Show profiles.
- Click on Add.
- Enter a name in the Profile name field and then click on OK.
- Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types option at the bottom of the screen.
- Under Choose E-mail Service, click on Internet E-mail and then click on Next.
- In the Internet E-mail settings fill in the following:
- Account type: choose POP3 in the menu
If your organisation joined us before December 2013, then use:
- Incoming mail server: webmail.syncmymail.co.za
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.syncmymail.co.za
If your organisation joined us after December 2013, then use:
Note: Please contact us if you are not sure which one to use. Your administrator can also lookup the information in the Control Panel in the User Information section.
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab. Check the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
For the Incoming Server (POP3), the value should be 995 and check the box This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
For the Outgoing Server, enter 587 and select TLS for the type of encrypted connection.
Then, click on OK.
- Click on Next
- Outlook will test the POP account. Once the testing is conclusive, click on Close.
- Click on Finish.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.