This guide will show you how to setup a forwarder at your end (Cpanel) for an External Relay Hosted Exhange account.
All SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange accounts.
- a SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange
- Access to your Domain’s Cpanel (Please contact the administrator who host your domain)
Note: There are two ways to use our Exchange services. You can either modify the MX records to point to SyncMyOffice or forward emails from an external source to your SyncMyOffice mailbox.
- If your MX records point to SyncMyOffice, your domain type is set to Authoritative.
- If you are forwarding emails from an external source to your SyncMyOffice mailbox, your domain type is set to External relay.
- To setup a forwarder at your end, login to your Domain’s Cpanel.
- Under Mail Accounts, select Forwarders
- Click on Add Forwarder
- Enter the details, Address to: user@yourdomian and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org (Proxy Address provided by us)
- Click Add Forward
To get the Proxy address, refer FAQ: How to forward emails from an external domain to a SyncMyOffice mailbox (Exchange 2013)
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.