How to access a resource mailbox (equipment or room)
SynopsisThis guide explains how to display a resource mailbox (room or equipment) calendar in Outlook and how a delegate responds to meeting requests.
Applicable toAll SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange 2010, 2013 and 2016 accounts
A SyncMyOffice hosted Exchange 2010, 2013 or 2016 account
You are using the Outlook 2013 client.
How toNote: Resource mailboxes cannot be accessed directly using Outlook. The only way to open a resource mailbox is to open it from a user’s mailbox.
Display a resource mailbox calendar
1. In the Outlook client, click on Calendar.
2. Right-click My Calendars, then click on Add Calendar and on From Room List…
3. Select the resource name in the directory window and click Rooms.
4. Click on OK.
5. The resource calendar is listed under Other Calendars for any user who opens it. It will also be displayed under My Calendars for a delegate (a user with full permissions on the resource mailbox).Note: The resource calendar is associated a color to differentiate it from the user’s and from other calendars.
Managing invitations sent to a resource mailbox (only possible as a delegate user)Note: During its creation process in the Control Panel, selecting Activate resource booking attendant sets the resource mailbox to auto-accept meetings and automatically resolve booking conflicts. The delegates can still manually decline meetings or do any other actions from the added calendar like: propose new time, approve (in case of a conflict between multiple meetings).
1. In the calendar list, make sure the resource name is selected.
2. Inside the resource calendar, locate the desired invitation. You can either right-click or double-click on it for more actions.
Note that the meeting request will appear with the subject changed to the organizer’s name.
3. Opening the meeting request, you will see an informative message indicating the status of the invitation (Accepted, Declined or Tentative) with the name of the delegate who responded (if not the resource itself).
4. The organizer receives a notification any time the status is updated by a delegate.